Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice Storm

The Weather.

We moved back to southern Missouri 4 1/2 years ago partly for the warmer winters. Sure, we want four seasons, but only at our convenience. Today's forecast is not convenient. Last night we had sleet. See photo at right. Schools are closed from Joplin to Winona including Mountain View.

Today we are getting more sleet and some freezing rain.

The weatherman says there could be snow after that. And the ice could build up, breaking power lines.
I know. I know. Be content. Relax. Read a book. Sure.
I'll try. But this wasn't in my plans.
Actually our cupboard is full and the propane tank is full.
I should just enjoy this. Look. I have time to "blog", for whatever that's worth.

Last winter we had a few days of snow cover in February. Our back hill is a great place for sledding. The neighborhood kids gathered a couple of afternoons to slide on it.


I was glad for the kids to get to play in the snow. They may get another chance tomorrow. But I had other plans.

According to Tony Dungy in his book, Quiet Strength, in his study of Nehemiah he learned that opportunity comes in God's time and that we should prepare to be ready when God's time arrives.

I wonder what opportunities are ahead today.

No comments: