Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Springtime

I've neglected my neglected blog long enough.  I apologize to my three faithful followers (Ha!).

I don't think I could ever report on everything that has happened since my last post in November, but between lawn, garden, and golf, maybe I'll try to insert some winter thoughts.  Of course, winter was mild.  And now spring is early.

Spring is here.  It has been for a few weeks.  Flowers, trees, birds are all early.  Cardinal baseball begins tonight.  Spring wild turkey hunting season begins in less than two weeks.  


Dad's azaleas shout spring's full arrival. 

The dogwoods may be finished flowering before turkey season starts.  What a shame.  I'll miss that bursts of woodland white.  Maybe I'll be able to concentrate on a gobbler better. 

We have 38 scotch pines alive out of 51 planted a year ago.  I'm going to plant more in a few days.

I have my new butterfly garden planted.  I'll post a photo when there is something to photograph. 

I tilled our vegetable garden, but nothing is planted yet.

When Kyle Lohse pops that first strike into Yadier Molina's mitt at 6:05 tonight, I'll know for sure that spring is here.

No comments: