Wednesday, July 4, 2018

I can't believe it is summer.

Time certainly flies by.  That may be a condition of age or just being busy.  It seems like only a few weeks ago I was looking forward to spring.  Now we are in the heat of mid-summer.

Spring for me yielded Turkey Number 21.


I still enjoy being in the woods in April and early May.  But I miss my hunting buddy.  Dad shot 68 turkeys in his hunting days.  He's the guy who taught me to shoot, to hunt rabbits and quail, to train a pointing dog, and to call turkeys.

The hot weather has drawn us to the river.  We have had two kayak/canoe trips on the Jack's Fork and Linda went on a "ladies-only" kayak trip on the Current river.


In June we hosted long-time Hall of Famers, Dean and Julie, which included a float trip.


We enjoyed hosting the Cobb family at the river and watching the children master the kayak.  We "invested" in two small kayaks this year.  Linda loves paddling the kayak.  I still prefer the canoe.

Image may contain: outdoor, nature and water

Now we are entering the "dog days" of summer.  The upper Jack's Fork is too low to float.  The sun scorches exposed skin.  The Ozark humidity saps your strength.


So we sit on the deck and watch our butterfly garden hoping to see some Monarchs.

Happy summer to you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi. I enjoy your blogs, Bro. Keep it up!