Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Our Spring


Why do I always desire to blog about springtime?  It must be that feeling of renewal, activity, growth, and optimism.

I started mowing the lawn in March while my son in Chicago still had snow.

It was wonderful when the redbuds bloomed.


I was fortunate to call in and harvest a 22-lb. gobbler the second morning of the spring turkey season.  That makes Number 22 for me.  My dad shot 68 turkeys in his hunting lifetime.  I have a ways to go.


It is always a thrill to see the woods come alive with flowering dogwoods.  We have a dogwood in our back yard to enjoy.



Springtime in My Corner of the Ozarks often brings stormy weather.  Yesterday, April 30, found the Missouri and Arkansas Ozarks hit with heavy rain, strong winds, tornadoes, flooding, and wind damage.

No storm damage at our house, but we got 3.5 inches of rain overnight and a lake in the back yard.


So springtime can be wonderful or terrible.  Pray for those folks in scattered places in the Ozarks (Lebanon, Miller, Purdy, Ozark Rogersville, Wheaton in MO, and Bergman and Lead Hill in AR) who lost everything last night.






3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Larry,
I enjoyed your pictures and comments.
Our spring weather has been having a hard time warming up.
Hanging in there,
Bob

Tammy said...

Hi Larry,
We're having a wet Spring also. The moats in the front yard goes down a little, then we get dumped on. The farmers have everything shined up and ready to go to the fields. Then nope, not now.
Tater and I went to Evansville Indiana yesterday. One farmer was working his field, 5 miles down the road, the river was out of its banks.
Have a great season.
Love from Soggy Ohio

Larry said...

Hey, Thanks for your comment. It's good to know someone reads my stuff.